New Student Orientation
PEER MENTORING PROGRAM
Peer Mentors are returning NCCC students here to help new students who are looking for guidance from a fellow peer before and during their first semester. Our Peer Mentors will assist new students with adjusting to college life, academically and socially, and point new students in the right direction to access College resources. Interactions are student-driven and may include email, texting, phone calls, and meeting in person as needed.
STUDENT ORIENTATION, ADVISEMENT, AND REGISTRATION (SOAR) DAYS
This summer program is offered on each campus in August. Check back for the 2018 SOAR dates and a link to register.
What to expect at SOAR Day:
- NCCC Welcome Session!
- Overview of College expectations inside the classroom and out.
- Get connected to faculty, staff, and fellow students!
- Preview College technology platforms and learn how to navigate them.
- Optional tours-on-demand of classrooms, academic support services, and student life spaces.
- Get your Student ID photo
- Submit your Health Records (immunizations)
- Complete your Billing Disclosure Authorization Form with the Business Office
- Complete your NYS Certificate of Residency requirement
- Speak with Financial Aid & Enrollment staff
- Apply to Live on Campus (Saranac Lake Campus only)
- Sign up for a Commuter or Resident Meal Plan (Saranac Lake and Malone Campuses only)
- Placement Testing – for all First-time students and some Transfer students.
- Test helps determine appropriate advisement and course placement in English and Mathematics.)
- The exams are computer based and will have a time limit of 75 minutes to complete both sections.
- Optional Parent Session offered while students Placement Test.
- Meet with your faculty advisor and formally register for your courses/schedule.
Re-Admitted and some Transfer students will be sent directly to their academic advisor once you have completed the Welcome Session.
Click here anytime to begin our Online New Student Orientation: www.nccc.edu/online-orientation
- New Student Orientation inquiries may be directed to the Student Life Office, or email@example.com
- Registration inquires may be directed to the Registrar’s Office or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admissions inquires may be directed to the Admission Office or email@example.com
- Financial Aid inquires my be directed to the Financial Aid Office or firstname.lastname@example.org