New Student Orientation
You can do this. We’re here to help.
|Student Orientation, Advisement, & Registration (SOAR) Days
This summer program is offered on each campus in June and August. Check here for the 2018 SOAR dates and a link to register.
What to expect at SOAR Day:
- NCCC Welcome Session!
- Overview of College expectations inside the classroom and out.
- Get connected to faculty, staff, and fellow students!
- Preview College technology platforms and learn how to navigate them.
- Optional tours-on-demand of classrooms, academic support services, and student life spaces.
- Resources on Demand
- Student Life Office
- Health Records
- Business Office
- Financial Aid Office
- On Campus Housing Applications – Saranac Lake
- Meal Plan Applications – Malone & Saranac Lake
- Placement Testing – for all First-time students and some Transfer students.
- Test helps determine appropriate advisement and course placement in English and Mathematics.)
- The exams are computer based and will have a time limit of 75 minutes to complete both sections.
- Optional Parent Session offered while students Placement Test.
- Meet with your faculty advisor and formally register for your courses/schedule.
- Re-Admitted and some Transfer students will be sent directly to their academic advisor once you have completed the Welcome Session.
|Peer Mentoring Program
Peer Mentors are returning NCCC students here to help new students who are looking for guidance from a fellow peer before and during their first semester. Our Peer Mentors will assist new students with adjusting to college life, academically and socially, and point new students in the right direction to access College resources. Interactions are student-driven and may include email, texting, phone calls, and meeting in person as needed.
SIGN UP TO REQUEST YOUR PEER MENTOR TODAY!
Click here anytime to begin our Online New Student Orientation:
Questions about New Student Orientation may be directed to the Student Life Office.
Questions about the New Student Registration may be directed to the Registrar’s Office.